Friday, October 3, 2014

The final countdown

4 days! Four days??? We leave in 4 days! 
Headed 8,000 plus miles across the ocean to take hold of a promise fulfilled! 
When you have been dreaming and praying and working and hoping (reminds me of that song on my best friends wedding with Julia Roberts! Wishin and hopin and thinking and prayin....Why does everything remind me of Julia!?) anyway, I was saying....waiting so long for this thing that seems so crazy and out of reach and then suddenly....you have 4 days until it's reality! 
I told a friend that I feel very "zombieish". Just kind of walking around in a daze. And very nostalgic! My kids start playing and everything goes into slow motion with sappy music and then I cry! I look at Logan and think of how his life will probably change the most. I start thinking how he wasn't born a twin but will now have a sister his same age and when he's sixteen she will be too and they will graduate together and.....well then I cry some more! 
So think of a weepy, nostalgic, zombie mom and that would be me right now! 
I dream of touching her face.
I have visions of us sitting on the floor playing barbies with her best friend Kiriti! 
I can almost feel her small hand in mine. 
And next week we will walk through the next chapter of the Neena plan and bring her home! 

I am going to try to update as much as possible! See ya on the India side! 

P.S. If you see me around town in the next 4 days, please point me in the right direction and help a zombie out!

1 comment: