Friday, October 10, 2014

Gotcha days!!

I know one day I'll forget how everything went with meeting our baby girl Simran Neena, so I'm writing this so we never do. 
October 7th- flew 20 something hours from Mobile to Delhi. Truly blessed with no real delays or missed connections! Only hiccup was the sweet young girl sitting next to me on the long fight to delhi that hurled the whole last hour of the trip. Ew! 
October 8th- arrived in Delhi and checked into hotel.
October 9th- couldn't sleep, so we woke up at 5am and paced the floor the next 3 1/2 hours until our driver came to take us to the orphanage!! It only took about 30 minutes to get there but it was long enough for the motion sickness to settle in and distract me from the knot in my stomach. Fortunately I did not have the same fate as the girl on the plane and kept my breakfast to myself..ew! First thing I saw was a wicker bassinet on the sidewalk which is what the orphanage, Palna, is named for; Palna means cradle. Broke my heart right there and jerked the knot from my stomach to my throat. So nervous! Will she like us? Will she want to leave? Will she scream & cry? 
We walk in and our social worker says we weren't expecting you until tomorrow! So we left.... Um... No way! We asked to see her and we would still come tomorrow. So they brought her to us! I was so happy to see and touch the face of the daughter I had loved from afar for so long that I did not cry! There were no tears. I was just happy! She came right to me and I hugged her and the best part, she hugged me back! So we all played and painted (she loved painting this airplane thing and she didn't want my help) and made bracelets for the next few hours. It was just relaxing and comfortable. Then Simran showed us around the orphanage. She still had her bright blue cast on and we had to carry her. 
In the toddler room a sweet angel baby bit my leg.....yes he did! So even in india they have terrible 2s and 3s!!! Every time I saw him later I would keep my distance. Mouths are nasty y'all! We took her to her room where she sleeps. The kids started taking off my jewelry and brushing my hair and Simran got mad! She was telling them get away from my mom. Stop touching her! That's my moms! she did not want us to put her down or leave her side. and she kept pointing to the door, to leave the orphanage. This child was ready to go!! 
But they wouldn't let us take her so we left the orphanage and she was upset and that was hard! 
We grabbed some good Indian food, bought an Indian outfit for her and crashed at the hotel by 8pm. 

God truly answered our prayer to prepare her heart for her family! 
Now she had one more night in that orphanage!! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment