Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A kink in our plans

Our first day together started out great! Neena woke up snugly and in a great mood. I dressed her in a cute outfit and she decided to try to walk on her own. She took a step and fell onto her booty and screamed in pain! She kept crying and screaming "my leg, my leg!" She screamed almost the whole hour while we waited on the driver to take us to the hospital. At one point she fell asleep from exhaustion. 
We head to the max medical clinic which was where we were supposed to go that morning for Neena's tb skin test. Dr. Bhushaun was the pediatrician there and he took an X-ray and sent us to an orthopedist, dr. Bawari, at the hospital. But before we left he went ahead and did the tb screen. It took 3 of us to hold her down for the needle. At that point I was screaming,"don't hold her too tight! She has fragile bones!" She had been screaming and crying the same thing all day and it sounded like she was saying"this is not my mommy, take me back!" So I asked one of he nurses and she said she was saying," mommy let's go! I want to leave this place! Mommy lets go!" Then I cried with her.
Erin asked why I was crying and I couldn't even tell him. I just knew she hated me and thought what a mistake to leave the orphanage but instead she loved us and didn't want us to ever leave her! 
Then she fell asleep and we waited 4 hours to get a splint, not a cast. The X-ray showed at least 4 fractures of the tibia and fibula and they were the old ones that had never healed. 
No sightseeing this day....just 3 exhausted Quinleys! And this is Not the picture from that day but it's just to show that things did get better!


1 comment:

  1. Oh honey I told u she will love you Nikki.Iam in tears with you.Stay strong honey it is almost over than home.

    ReplyDelete