Saturday, September 6, 2014

One more thing

Well as of now, we are waiting for only ONE more thing! Only one thing holding us back from jumping on the next flight to India and wrapping my arms around this child of my heart!! We are now waiting for her passport. Who knows how long it will take! September 13th will be a year since we saw her face for the first time. I never thought it would take us another year to bring her home. But we have a perfect peace about it! It won't be long y'all!!! 
So I'm packing and nesting and we are preparing for our daughter's homecoming!! And I'm using a lot of exclamation points cause I'm so excited!!
We have had two opportunities to Skype with her recently and it was so amazing! It felt like home; like she knows me and I know her! Her voice just sounds familiar and her face like I've seen it every morning for my whole life! I can't explain it all but it's just amazing. Our kids adore her and are so proud of her for being so brave to want to travel 8,000 miles and leave her friends to be their sister! 
I'm suddenly freaking out that I don't  have everything together, like I don't know enough hindi and what if she doesn't like me! But God's got this and he has made me ready and who cares if we don't have it all together! No one ever does really. 
There's only one thing left and all my check boxes, and all the obstacles, will be GONE! And I'll be flying East......
Thanks for your prayers, keep em coming! We are almost there!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a whole lot to say other than YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete