Friday, September 12, 2014

Due date!!

You know how when you are pregnant we all ask, "when are you due?". We'll for the past 30 months we've been asked, "when are you going?, when do you travel?, Is she home yet?". There were some days, I admit, when that question was like nails on a chalk board to me. But from this point out we have a due date! A travel date!! 
We were approved to be in India October 10th! 10/10/2014! So in LESS than 4 weeks we will be knocking on the door to the orphanage! I'll be touching HER face! We will be laughing together! We will cry together! Ok, maybe just I will cry.....a lot! I hope it's only me crying! 
I was so excited this week when I found out our travel date that the bad news didn't really phase me until later. 
Bad news is that Simran Neena broke her leg! Playground injury is what we are told. It sure sounds a lot like a "Luke" story. For those of you who know my monkey boy Luke, he's had several broken bones and none of us ever know the real story!!  We were told she was being "naughty". But surely that means just being a 4 year old and a Quinley! She gets it honest! 
I don't know how bad it was or when she will get the cast off, but rest assured that this momma is seeking information about that! Considering my oldest, Vivian is just a few months out from breaking her leg, this is nothing new! It does hurt my heart to think she is so far away with a cast and no mommy to kiss her bobo or sign her cast, or prop her foot up and get her a movie going and a snack! But somehow it's ok. I have a peace about our travel and this broken leg and our future together. We are praying & trusting God that she won't have to travel 15 hours back on a plane with a leg cast! 
Friday, September 12th, she will have taken her picture for her passport and the application will be submitted. We do still need that passport to come in by October 10th.....but I truly believe it will come in plenty of time! 

We have been blessed by so many loving friends and family recently! You are all part of this journey with us! We are going to try to keep updating while we are in India and back home too! Everyone who ever said a prayer for Simran Neena or encouraged us along the way, we thank God for you. Now let's pray broken bones back together! And passports processed! And families together at last! 


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17 NIV)

1 comment: