Tuesday, May 19, 2015

7 months- healing and news from the East

Neena is now almost 8weeks out from her surgery to fix her left leg where they placed a rod down her tibia. I like to say she's titanium now! I actually prefer to sing it like the pop song, she's titanium!!! If only adamantium were real (only marvel comic fans will get that one!). She has been working hard with therapy and she is walking again and only has a small limp now! It's truly amazing! 
Neena and Logan just graduated from preschool, registered for kindergarten and even survived the 5 year old immunizations today!! It was very surreal and emotional for me to see Logan and Neena walk down the aisle to get their diplomas. It's so silly I know but I had a vision of them graduating high school and college together, my little twin babies!!!
 And the moment Neena actually WALKED down that aisle by herself with 2 good legs and her head held high and her family clapping and hollering for her (they let you do that at graduation in lower Alabama and in fact it's like a competition and whoever has the loudest yells wins)......well let's just say I could hardly breathe from the tears! 
And then we got news from the East...Inida to be exact.....
There was a special little girl we had to leave behind in India named Kirti. Her and Neena were best friends and she is about the only thing she talks about in regards to India. So I looked into what it would take to adopt her and because of rules and well The Lord, we couldn't. I asked my best friends to adopt her and my coworkers! But that didn't work either so me and Neena started praying! Every night we prayed that God would find a family for Kirti and give her a mom and dad that would love her. 
And then one day i am on the phone with my adoption agency talking about some "name change" drama we are having with Neena's legal paperwork, and the lady says, "hold on I just got a child matched to one of my families from India". Then she says that it's wierd she is talking to me because this child is from Neena's orphanage! Then she says her name is Kirti!!
 I.almost.fell.slap.out!!!
We now know that Kirti will be adopted by a family less than an hour from us and I am in contact with her mom and we are all beside ourselves exited!! I just cannot wrap my brain around the faithfulness of God! You always hear that he cares for you and that he cares for the orphan, but this.....This is beyond what we could ask or imagine!!! 
We are sooooo expecting God to use these two girls to change the world. They were meant to be in each other's lives!  
I am still in shock and literally shaking my head right now trying to figure out how two girls, worlds away from us, left for dead and alone, get adopted around the same time after years of rejection and of all the places in this Great big world they will live less an an hour apart!!! In Alabama, no less!! It's too much for my momma heart to hold for now without crying so I gotta just praise him!! 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
Yes and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment