Sunday, September 29, 2013

No News is good news.....

Whoever coined the phrase, "No news is good news", never adopted a child! No news is NOT good news! No news is awful! It's stressful! It's heart wrenching! No news could drive a control freak crazy...Or it could teach me a lesson on how to surrender my life, my plans to The Lord. No news could be the thing that makes me say, that's it, this adoption thing is for the birds! Or it could be the thing that pushes me closer to the Throne of Heaven! And as I struggle with the waiting, the frustrating delays & paperwork that seems so senseless, I haven't struggled alone. I have felt My comforter so near. He is so awesome that he sends me daily reminders to help me not freak out & put my hope in him! I might miss these little reminders if I'm not careful or if my focus is inward. But he sends me Patients from India who speak her language, a karate mom from Delhi, India, a box that would be perfect to send her a birthday present in, i meet a stranger adopting from the same country with the same agency. little reminders! And my bible, its like fresh air, like water for my thirsty soul! I have to repeat verses all day long so that I'm not obsessed with the wondering & stressing and so that i don't jump every time my email Bings or phone rings! So I think the phrase should be "Good news is good, but no news doesn't have to be so bad". 
So no matter the news, God is good & he will lift you up! Here are some verses that I read daily!!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7 NIV)
 
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth— (Isaiah 43:5, 6 NIV)

“You whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:3, 4 NIV)

Those who hope in God will not be disappointed.”.......That’s because I will fight your battles, and I will save your children. (Isaiah 49:23, 25 ERV)

And as we wait to hear if the council has approved the adoption, The Lord reminded me of this scripture over & over! He is ultimately in control of the council & this decision. 
The King's heart is in the hand of The Lord, He directs it wherever He pleases! Proverbs 21:1

So, no news yet! But we petition the King everyday & are thankful that He doesn't leave us here to struggle alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment